FEI Dallas Real Estate: The Developer/Landlord – Pre Pandemic, During Pandemic, Post Pandemic
On Wednesday, April 28th, 2021, the FEI Dallas Real Estate SIG hosted an interactive event to discuss how the industry has changed and adapted from each stage of the pandemic. Our speaker, Thomas Walker of the Dallas Cowboys Football Club, shared his knowledge and observations about real estate specifically around The Star in Frisco, Texas.
- The operators are a key component to a successful business.
- Retail businesses that were successful in adapting to the pandemic were mindful about what their target audience was comfortable with and how easy they can make the pickup/curbside process.
- It’s important to be strategic about who can fill in a vacancy. In the long run, it’s more beneficial to find a good operator rather than chasing a couple of months of rent from just any tenant.
- Landlords have started writing shorter leases with guaranteed renewals to benefit both the lessor and lessee.
- With so many real estate vacancies, there has never been a better time than now to open a restaurant or retail business.
For more information on how to join and attend future events, contact the FEI SIG Coordinator, Eric Holleman, using the form below.